International Day Preview

International Day will be April 2 this year during third period instead of at night, like previous years. Tickets for the food tasting, held during lunch, are $2 and will be sold the week before.

This is the first year it will be hosted as an assembly rather than a show at night. “We switched to the day time in order to allow students to showcase their cultures to other students in the school,” resource teacher Elyse Seitz said.

The students who bought a ticket will get to walk around the hallway by the LFI wing and get a taste of food from each country. Students and staff members will be volunteering to bring food for this event and more volunteers are encouraged. Students will receive six Student Service Learning hours by bringing a dish.

“So far we’ve gotten food from 10 different countries. We’re really excited, it should be funa��we’re looking forward to new ideas,” guidance secretary Alejandra Mendez said.

In addition to the food from different countries, there will be two dance performances; one from the Latin dance team and one from the Asian club. There will also be a fashion show, a rap performance and a recital of a poem.

“We’re performing two typical styles of Latin dancing: bachata and merengue. We’ve been practicing both after school and on the weekends,” Latin dance team captain senior Alfredo Rivera said.

“I think International Day has the potential to be extremely successful,” Seitz said.