Trivia Crack Takes Over Minds of Students

A student plays Trivia Crack from her home. The game has caught on in mass popularity amongst Smart Phone users, including teachers. --Tayor DeAth
A student plays Trivia Crack from her home. The game has caught on in mass popularity amongst Smart Phone users, including teachers. –Tayor DeAth

Students are going crazy about the newest app, Trivia Crack, which tests their knowledge about random facts in a fun and interactive way.

Trivia Crack tests users on six different subjects: geography, art, entertainment, sports, history and science. The game provides four answers for each question with 30 seconds to answer.

Trivia Crack asks a variety of questions, ranging from simple to more challenging ones, which gives users the chance to learn new facts while playing. Junior Sophie Rosen who is an active user of the game. Rosen said, “I play Trivia Crack once or twice a day. I’ve definitely learned new and interesting facts that I didn’t know before.”

However, the game does have some negative affects on student’s learning. Junior Anna Llewellyn said, “I think it’s a big distraction, students get very competitive and feel as though they compulsively need to keep playing throughout the school day.”

Phones have shown to already be a distraction to students in school, and the new game is just another contribute to this. But for students who know how to keep their phones off during the school day, Trivia Crack is a new way for them to test what they know and learn new things in a fun way.