The Student News Site of Rockville High School

Rampage

Rampage

Rampage

Rockville Falls to Springbrook 66 to 45

Senior Joshua Burnette dribbling the ball down the court.
Annelise Jeung

Rockville’s Varsity Boys Basketball team fell 66-45 to the Springbrook Blue Devils on Tuesday night, bringing them to a 2-10 record.

“I thought our team played very hard, and I was proud of the way we competed,” varsity head coach Todd Dembroski said.

Springbrook entered the matchup/game with an record of 6-6, with previous back-to-back wins over Blake and Magruder who have the best records in Montgomery County. With 2 minutes and 23 seconds left in the 3rd quarter, Rockville nearly brought the game back to a score of 39-29.Springbrook pulled away late, ultimately winning the game. Although the score got away from Rockville in the end, coach Dembroski is proud of how his players competed throughout the game

“We had guys diving on the floor, guys helping each other out,” he said. “We rebounded better, so there were a lot of positives.”

A positive note came from senior Joshua Burnette, who led the team with 14 points, and sophomore Ben Scholes who had 8 points.

Coach Dembroski acknowledged that there are still some improvements to be made.

“We need to get better at finishing around the basketball,” he explained. “We executed our offense, we got the shots we wanted, but we just didn’t make them.”

Varsity Boys Basketball will play their next game at Paint Branch HS on Friday night, who come in with a 10-2 record and a 78-54 win over Montgomery Blair in their last matchup.

“There is a need to improve, and we’re really going to work hard to clean up some of those areas,” Dembroski said.