Rampage

Music Department Takes Trip to New York City

Back to Article
Back to Article

The music department takes a trip every spring, alternating between Florida’s Universal Studios and another location.  This was their first year visiting New York.

The music department takes a trip every spring, alternating between Florida’s Universal Studios and another location. This was their first year visiting New York.

Graphic by Willow Graves

Graphic by Willow Graves

Graphic by Willow Graves

Teddy Bilodeau, Staff Writer

Members of the RHS orchestra, band, jazz band and choir programs visited New York City March 30 to April 2 to participate in clinics and tour Rockefeller Center and Radio City Music Hall. Jazz members also performed on the aircraft carrier-turned museum, Intrepid.

The music department takes a trip every spring, alternating between Florida’s Universal Studios and another location.  This was their first year visiting New York, and many students said it was the perfect location to showcase their talents.

“New York city is known for its fine arts scene, so I think it was a really good idea to go,” senior jazz band member Henry Jones said.  “It was a better trip than Universal because we got to see a lot of the city.”

Choir, orchestra and band students participated in clinics while they were in town.

“It was incredibly helpful to get feedback from sources not related to RHS to get rid of any bias and have a true, unfiltered response,” senior band member Colin Gabele said.

About the Writer
Teddy Bilodeau, Staff Writer

Teddy Bilodeau too Intro. to Journalism his sophomore year and then took his junior year off, before finally returning his senior year. He is currently...