Upcoming Fall Shows on Netflix

Iris Valentin, Features Managing Editor

Grab a warm beverage and a comfy blanket, because fall marks the beginning of binge watching season for those who love to watch their favorite series on Netflix.

“Iron Fist” (2017), an adaptation of the Marvel Comic Hero, is returning for a second season and it has a few surprises up its sleeve with its lead character, the Iron Fist.

“BoJack Horseman” (2014), is also returning this fall, but in this case, the series has been renewed for its fifth season. It continues to focus on the main character, BoJack Horseman, and his troubled past, but also weaves in the mishaps of surrounding characters. Fans have more than their share to watch this fall as it was also announced that Comedy Central will be playing reruns of the comedy show.

“I’m really excited for the new season of ‘Iron Fist’ and ‘Bojack,’” senior Stefan Piedrasanta said. “I like the crazy comedy aspect of the main character in ‘Bojack’ and the adult humor compared to ‘South Park’ and ‘Family Guy’ while with ‘Iron Fist’ I’m into the action of the show.”

“Aytpical” (2017)  is renewed for a second season focusing on 18-year-old Sam Gardener who is diagnosed with autism and is becoming an independent young adult while searching for love.

“‘Aytpical’ is involved with the LGBTQ community and autism which is rare for some shows to focus on those kind of aspects of the real world,” sophomore Yrsa Erickson said.

One new Netflix original series is an Israeli police-sitcom reboot called “The Good Cop” which focuses on the life of an honest New York Police Department (NYPD) officer who sees the world in a different light compared to his retired father.

“I was first introduced to the show through an advertisement on Youtube,” sophomore Joneil Canillo said. “After watching it, I thought it was good since the dynamic relationship between the son and the father was written well.”

While some students expressed curiosity about the direction of the new show, some early reviews have cut into the lasting power of it. “A show with frustratingly little on its mind, ‘The Good Cop’ quickly establishes its two leads as familiar personality types and then reiterates who they are, over and over, for ten episodes, with little modulation or development,” according to an online review from Variety magazine.

With a variety of shows returning for another season and some brand new shows, students will find it easy to fulfill those Netflix binge-watching habits.