New Parking Pass Policy

Students+rush+out+of+the+back+lot+at+the+end+of+school%2C++while+being+directed+by+security.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

New Parking Pass Policy

Students rush out of the back lot at the end of school,  while being directed by security.

Students rush out of the back lot at the end of school, while being directed by security.

Photo by Angelina Logsdon

Photo by Angelina Logsdon

Photo by Angelina Logsdon

Andrew Coulibaly, Features Editor

Beginning this school year, the administration greeted upperclassmen with a new parking policy in which the timeframe to apply for a parking pass was reduced from two weeks to one and the overall process was changed to address student feedback from last year.

Students had the week of Sept. 4 to Sept. 11 to apply for first semester passes in which the first two days were for seniors only and the last three days were for both juniors and seniors.

In previous years, the administration gave high priority to students who lived out of the area, had a partial schedule or had an internship. This year it is a first come, first served policy until the passes are gone.

Each school year, administrators track the parking lot process by taking in feedback from students and having security monitor parking each morning to determine which rules are most beneficial, business administrator David Stough said.

We try to keep an ear out for feedback and an eye on trends to make minor, meaningful changes when necessary,” Stough said.