Walk-Off Single Gives Baseball First Division Title in 25 Years

Video Courtesy of Andrew Axleson

Rams+defeated+the+Falcons+in+extra+innings+to+secure+the+first+division+title+of+Coach+Farron+Riggs%27+RHS+career.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Rams defeated the Falcons in extra innings to secure the first division title of Coach Farron Riggs' RHS career.

Photo by Sarah D'Souza

Photo by Sarah D'Souza

Photo by Sarah D'Souza

Alex Reynolds, Online Editor-in-Chief

Boys varsity baseball (10-1) clinched their first division title in 25 years by rallying from behind for a victory over the defending state champions, the Poolesville Falcons, Friday April 20.

The Rams trailed the Falcons 3-7 in the bottom of the seventh before the Rams rallied through quick outs and strong at-bats. Freshman shortstop Lucas Ribaudo delivered the game winning walk off single to bring senior outfielder Andrew Axelson home. This win gives the Baseball program its first division title since 1993.

“We couldn’t be more proud but we still have work to do. It’s not the end of the season we still have four more games we’re trying to win those,” coach Farron Riggs said. “We’re trying to get a good seed into the region and into the section and go on from there.”

The Rams continued their win streak with consecutive wins over Paint Branch 7-5 and Northwood 25-1. They travel to Sherwood to take on the Warriors Thursday, April 26.