Most Anticipated Movies of 2023

Many movies are coming out in 2023. There is something for everyone this year, whether it be movies geared toward kids or projects aimed at all audiences. The question is, what are the most anticipated movies of 2023?

Here at the Rampage, staff writers Brooks Kenton and Eamon Flynn are most looking forward to “Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse,” and “The Mario Bros. Movie.” However, a wide variety of projects are slated for release this year. We seek to determine which movie or movies the student body at Rockville High School is most looking forward to viewing.

We think “Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse” brings excitement because of its upbeat, pulsating action, with the newest movie having Miles Morales (Spider-Man) travel through the multiverse as he finds new spider people, some friends, and some foes.

This is exciting because it introduces a whole new cast of characters and landscapes into the “Spider Verse.” But, Spanish teacher Aspen Cadmus disagrees. 

“I’ve never watched any of the animated Spider-Man movies,” Cadmus said. “I’m more of a fan of the live action ones.”

Yet another movie stemming from a popular piece of pop culture is “The Mario Bros Movie.” The Mario movie brings nostalgia to many people who grew up playing Mario video games. This movie will be a blast from the past for some and an exciting future for others. This beckons kids who just got the Super Smash Bros video game for the first time and are excited to see their favorite video game characters on the big screen. But audiences wonder how a beloved franchise will be adapted on screen, and Cadmus wonders the same thing. 

“I think it will be interesting to see how they turn the Mario video game into a movie because in the video game you control everything he does,” Cadmus said. “I liked playing the video game, so it will be interesting to see how they make it a movie.”

In addition to these crowd-pleasers, there are a plethora of other movies coming out this year that are exciting to the Rockville student body. 

“I am excited for “Creed 3”to come out this year,” freshman Landon Lloyd said. Movie fanatics also have Jason Momoa’s “Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom” and the highly anticipated “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” to look forward to.