Local Music Festivals Rock Teen Listeners

With summer quickly approaching, teenagers must decide which fun things to do with their friends. Summer music festivals are a popular way to get outdoors and listen to some superb music.
Most students have limited budgets, so picking the right music festival to spend money on is a big decision. Warped Tour, Moonrise and the Landmark music festival are among the festivals located in the Maryland area.
Warped Tour is a great music festival for anyone who enjoys alternative rock music. Warped Tour tickets cost around $45 for all ages. This is reasonably priced for a music festival where you get to see rock bands live in concert.
“Warped was and will always be my favorite music festival because there’s so many nice people around and good vibes,” freshman Karina Cuzmar said.
The Moonrise festival is located at the Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, Md. Moonrise is a very popular festival and many students look forward to it despite the price. “Moonrise last year was awesome. It was just so fun and crazy. It was a time well spent with friends,” sophomore Mellody Gallozo said. The Moonrise festival will be hosting Bassnectar, Above & Beyond, Dillon Francis, Big Gigantic, The Glitch Mob, Die Antwoord and many others.
The Landmark music festival is takes place at West Potomac Park, Washington D.C. and is going to occur September 26 and 27. The music festival includes very well-known artists such as Drake, The Strokes, Chvrces, Alt-J, Miguel, and The War on Drugs, TV on the radio, Wale and Daughter and many more performing on five stages.
The Landmark music festival is in the heart of it all. The festival brings people together who are all different ages and backgrounds to listen ti theur favroite genres of music. The music festival also includes, a Landmark Music Festival wristband, food court, family area, and Official Merch Store which is located around the Park Attractions.
“Music festivals are a great way to spend summer, meeting new people and getting lost in the music.” Gallazo said.