Warm Weather Meets New Cool Summer Movies

There’s always a satisfying feeling after seeing a good movie, so why not see some great ones coming out this summer?
Set to release June 12 is “Jurassic World” the latest movie to be added to the Jurassic Park franchise that began in 1993, 22 years ago. The movie focuses on the new dinosaur theme park on the island of Isla Nublar.
The corporate leaders of the theme park request a new genetically modified dinosaur. They hope this new dinosaur will attract more visitors to the park. This new hybrid dinosaur gets loose and goes on a rampage, causing destruction wherever it goes. It’s up to the Jurassic World crew and security to contain the monster before it can cause more damage.
Freshman Sam Leighton has been a fan of the “Jurassic Park” movies for as long as he can remember and cannot wait to see the new one. “I love the earlier [Jurassic Park] movies and would love to see this one too.” Leighton said. He is also excited to see some of the actors training dinosaurs, which is certainly something you don’t see every day.
Fans of John Green’s New York Times bestselling book “Paper Towns” have been eager for the movie since its publication in 2008. The story follows the daily adventures of two teenagers, which many students can relate to.
However, things take a turn when one of the friends, Margo, disappears without any warning. It is up to the other friend, Quentin, to find Margo and also find out why she left. “I finished reading the book a few months ago and it was great. I hope the movie is just as good,” freshman Jillian Krawczel said.
“Southpaw” is a sports/drama movie that follows the life of a famous boxer Billy Hope, played by actor Jake Gyllenhaal. Hope has many struggles involving his family and his passion for boxing which the movie focuses on.
Freshman Anthony McClean loves to watch boxing and is eager to see this movie. “When I heard this movie was coming out I got so excited,” McClean said. “My friends and I can’t wait for it to come out.” This highly anticipated movie is set to come out July 24.
Released on Aug. 19 is an animated movie called “Underdogs.” It is about an unexpected hero who must save his town from his longtime rival, when he unexpectedly returns home. With the help of his teammates he can try to save his town and win over the girl he loves.
This movie is great to see with younger siblings or friends. “I’m really excited to see the movie with my little brother and sister,” freshman Julia Eckenrode said,” I think they’re going to love it.”